I promised some backgrounds–free, of course–and they are yours for the taking. Use them for your blog, or if you’re into digital scrapbooking they might work for that as well.
Here’s how you use them as a Blogger background:
- Click below on the sample of your choice, and a gif file of the background will come up in another window.
- Right click on the background, select, “Save Image As,” and determine where you’d like the file to be stored.
- In Blogger go to “Template,” click “Customize,” and then click “Background.” From there click the little down arrow next to the little background preview box. The “Select background image” box will come up, and select “Upload Image” at the top of the list on the left. Click “Browse” and find your previously saved background. Click “Done” and then the “Apply to Blog” button in the top right corner of the Template Designer.
- From there you can go to “Advanced” to change the colors on your blog to fit your background.
A few things to keep in mind:
- The below samples are scaled to be approximately the same size the design will look on your blog. The design on the actual background file will look tiny, but it’s because the background file is much bigger.
- Some photo programs might not open gif files. For the use of your blog a gif is better than a jpg (the more common picture file) because it’s smaller. Your page will load more quickly with a gif. If you do need to convert it to a jpg for other purposes, open it in MS Paint (or similar–Paint just happens to be something most PC’s have) and save it as a jpg.
- Some templates on Blogger don’t have the option to do a background, so you might have to change your template to make the background work.